Saturday, January 9, 2010

About Enchanted Droppings

Original purpose

About two years ago (2008) my coworkers and I decided to do a one-a-day project. I didn't know what to do so Jen (mellowbeing.com) suggested that I use the vector pictures that come with Photoshop and create a graphic design piece with them everyday. I also wanted to get better at drawing so I decide to draw as well. At the time I had all the time in the world, so I was able to do both everyday (five days a week). After a while I started to have a creative block or I was busy and I couldn't keep up. I then decided to stop the Photoshop part and just draw. I started graduate school and work at my job became very hectic. Last year I only posted work about seven times. This year I would like to get back to drawing and updating this blog. Which leads to it's new purpose.

New Purpose

I decided to make this my "being creative" blog. I love Art and Design. Photography and drawing both fall under one of those categories. Last year I didn't draw a lot but I was taking a lot of photos. One of the classes I took in graduate school was a photography class which made me buy my Nikon D60. I also started crocheting again this year (January 2010). I learned how to crochet when I was about 9 years old and recent events lead me to start practicing/making things again. I am going to use this blog to post sketches, drawings, doodles, digital art, progress on items I am crocheting or sewing and my favorite photos that I take.

Origin of the Name

Enchanted Droppings is a spin off of special crap, or a polished turd. My stuff is crap but it's special crap :-). I also have a thing for faeries and faeries are enchanted.

2 comments:

mellowbeing said...

It's good to see you focusing on this blog again. I'm sure there'll be lots of good posts and fun new drawings to look forward to seeing/reading! Btw February is right around the corner so get ready for this years daily challenge. Any ideas on what to do yet?

Enchanted Droppings said...

Oh no, not me. I can't do that. At least not this year. I'm not going to take on more than i can chew or i will fail at everything. But If i do, It might be something that is easy for me, like take a photo everyday. Are you going to do it?