Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Inktober Day 10


Day 10 Jump


I have no idea why I decided to draw this with a fish eye perspective. I cut off the left side of the image, so it wouldn't look so weird. I also don't know why I left the back blank. I'm dreading going back to work tomorrow, and I think I was a little distracted. Ugh. These days I am constantly rethinking my life choices.

I use to jump double dutch ever single summer until maybe late junior high school. I think we stopped because some of the girls entered high school first, and discovered boys ... or at least paid more attention to them.

When I was younger, we had to stay in the driveway and lock the gate. Only certain friends were allowed in and sometimes we were able to play in the driveways of some of our friends (if they didn't have a terrorizing dog). When we were older, we would jump on the sidewalk and block everyone's way from walking by. We had to stop to let people walk by and every once in a while, there would be a woman who would ask us if she could get in a jump :-). When we got too old to "play outside", we just sat on the stoop/porch playing music.

No comments: