Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Last Post on Blogger

I've had this blog for over 9 years. Some of the years I was more active than others.
I started this blog back in 2008 when I was working at NYU and two of my coworkers (now friends) suggested we all do a one-a-day project. I wanted to post a different photo and drawing each day, but I was challenged by my friend to create something from Photoshop everyday. I tried to do too much at once and eventually I slowed down to just doing one type of art and then finally I trailed off. I actually lasted longer on the project than my friends.


Like everyone that has had a blog for years, I would come back from time to time, and tell myself I should post more often. In 2015, I managed to complete 2 challenges. It was my first time ever completing a challenge from start to finish. In April I did a photo book challenge, and in August to November, I did a 100 days challenge. My 100 days project was 100 days of black and white photos. That was my favorite project because I was able to edit old photos that were just sitting and collecting dust on my hard drive. I also learned a lot about colors and values in photos.

Every time I returned to blogger, I noticed not much has changed. For a very long time Blogger hadn't updated to HTML5 or become mobile friendly. A lot of people abandoned their accounts and moved elsewhere. I've thought about moving and looked around, but decided to stay. The mobile apps were pulled from the app stores, and I told myself it was just because mobile browsers can upload photos now. With every fault, I dismissed it or ignored it. I finally pointed my domain name to this blog and recently I've been thinking about finally redesigning this blog. Finding support for apps or widgets for blogger has been dwindling. The Blogger product blog hasn't been updated in years. I've been trying to automate some of my actions and recently I noticed that my IFTTT scripts fail most of the time. I looked at the console log and it looks like Blogger was sending error codes. At this point I feel like it is time to move on.

I have a tumblr blog that I was using as a companion blog for this blog. It was sort of like a behind the scenes/extras blog. In a couple of days I will move the domain over to that blog and this blog will serve as just an archive of all the crap I've made and posted over the past 9 years. This is a good thing thought. Maybe with easy access to a platform, I will be uploading photos and post more often.

If you still want to follow my crap, you can follow me at: https://enchanteddroppings.tumblr.com

Until then, wish me good luck!

No comments: