Tuesday, December 8, 2015

While You Were Away ...


Actually, while I was away. I didn't realize that it has been almost a month since my last post. Twitter has a feature that when you log back in, there is a banner that states "while you were away". It freezes time and shows you the tweets you missed while you were gone. I always click the close button and when the popup ask if I want this feature, I click no, but it keeps coming back. I noticed lately that tumblr has a similar feature. I wish they both has some indicator to let me know I already saw a post.


Anyway, I seemed to have been busy spending my money. I tend to just throw everything on my Amazon wishlist, but recently I decided to treat myself (treat  yoself!)

The flamingos are a pattern on a tote bag I bought from Redbubble.com. I bought 3 of them. I will post a review on them soon. I already shot the photos. I just need to edit them.

The little blue box is the Polaroid Zip Mobile printer. Back in 2008 I bought the Polaroid Pogo ( which is still functioning), but I decided to upgrade and get this one so my photos can live offline. I will post a comparison post soon.

I was trying to hold back and not get the Fujifilm camera, but I couldn't resist. Especially after I saw YouTube reviews from people saying how much they loved it. I ended up getting the camera because I choose the Polaroid Zip printer over getting the Fujifilm Share SP-1 printer. I've always wanted a real Polaroid type camera. Years ago I had one that printed out really tiny photos that was meant to stick on lockers and books. The photos where something close to an inch wide. Even thought the photos from the Fujifilm are the mini version, they are still big enough to see the photos, and will scan to be even bigger than 35mm negatives.

And now we come to the books. I actually banned myself from buying more books this year, I don't know how I let this slip. I went to the bookstore with my coworker during lunch time last week. She needed to get a book as a gift. I went to the art section to look for a book that was on my wishlist. I couldn't find the book, but I did see the Animator's Suvival Kit book. I've had that book on my wishlist for about five years. I was surprised to see it in the bookstore, because Amazon keeps listed it as out of stock or used/available by third party. I managed to walk away from the art section without picking up a book. I met up with my coworker in the kids section. As we were walking out of the kids section, I saw the minions book, and my plan to walk out the bookstore book free failed.

The rest of the week I kept thinking about the animator book and the fact that it was the only one on the shelf. I went back to the bookstore after work to get the book. When I got back to the art section, the shelf where the book was located was completely empty. I stood there in shock for a moment, but I noticed that they moved the books over a couple of shelves and was relabeling the sections. I searched for the book, but couldn't find it. I walked circled around that section thinking that it was misplaced. When I was ready to give up, I looked up and saw the book on the top shelf. As I was walking away to go to the register, I saw the Realism Challenge book. I follow the author on YouTube and I've had the book on my wishlist for a bit. Tha book is fairly new. I could have waited to buy it, but I felt like it was a sign that I had to get it right away.

The minions book is a pop out book. I plan on popping out the characters and using them for photography experiments and projects. So everybody wins! Yey!!

No comments: