Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Blue-Green Scarf is Done


Early morning photo shoot ... well not really that early. I finished the scarf Tuesday and took photos in the morning on Wednesday before I left for work. It was cloudy outside and raining so I wasn't getting good sunny morning light. I bumped up my ISO and used my sb-400 flash, but I normally dial down my flash so it isn't UFO bright. I swear my bear is becoming a really good model. Next I'll have to put him in some GQ poses or something. I might have to use sticks to prop him up and photoshop them out ... oh ... sound like it's getting complicated ... I'll see. I also decided to photograph him in my computer chair so I have a black background instead of in the living room under my counter to use the white background. Very soon I am going to invest in different color fabrics to have different color backgrounds.

Oh yeah the scarf. It's just a double crochet scarf. And as I typed that last sentence, I just remembered I didn't finish the scarf correctly. I mean you would never notice looking at it unless you truly examined the scarf. I was running out of yarn and patience and just finished it before the yarn was done, oh well. The scarf is about 4 feet 5 inches before blocking. I haven't washed it yet so I don't know how long it will get; probably about 5 feet.

No comments: