Friday, February 5, 2010

I Ran Out Of Yarn

I'm making a scarf for someone and I ran out of black yarn this morning. I was sure I bought enough because the scarf has more than one color. I kept debating on whether or not to just use what I have or go back to the store to get more and make the scarf longer. He is tall and I don't know how he wears scarves so I have to make it long enough for him to wear it how he pleases.

I am about 75% done and I started on Tuesday .... well actually Monday night. I bought the yarn Monday at lunch, started the scarf Monday night, but Tuesday night I unraveled the scarf about three times and started over. So I count it as if I started making the scarf Tuesday night. I really only get a chance to crochet at night when I get home from work (which has been around 10 pm last few days). I try to crochet on the bus in the morning depending on how many people are on the bus or which bus I take. I don't crochet on the train. Mostly because I am not a puppet show.

I can't put up photos yet because it is a surprise gift. I highly doubt he knows about or follows this blog, but just in case, I don't want to spoil the surprise. I will say I'm using 100% Peruvian Highland wool and 50% royal alpaca / 50% merino :-).

I'll make another yarn run during lunch today .. oh yeah and get lunch too ...

No comments: