Wednesday, October 7, 2015

100 Days of Black and White Photos: Day 68


This is my laptop. Correction, this was my laptop. It died this morning. Can we have a moment of silence.

This morning when I woke up and sat down at my desk, I heard the fans on my computer running. This meant that it had to have been running all night. I shut the computer down and figured I would give it 30 minutes to get its shit together. After 30 minutes, it still was not loading. I figured I would leave it off all day and try again when I got home. 

After an annoying bus ride home where an old man that smelled of a mixture of urine, cigarettes ashtray,  and alcohol asked me if he could play in my hair, then continued to try and get my attention the rest of the time he was on the bus, which was half of my long ass bus ride, which he then got off the bus and banged on the window behind me to get my attention, I got home, tried again and my laptop was pronounced dead. Yes that was a run on sentence, but it is okay because I'm mourning. 

I bought the MacBook in 2010, so because it lasted me 5 years I'm trying not to be too upset. The part the upsets me is that the other day I found energy to be productive again and get shit done and the universe was like "NOPE! Quick! Do something to slow her down!"

So I resurrected my old HP netbook. I installed Ubuntu on it a while back and I believe this is older than my MacBook. It will have to do until I figure out what to do. On the one hand, I want the new Surface Pro 4, but I've been in a Mac system so long, I can't make Windows a main computer. I'm also a developer and I work best with Unix based systems. On the other hand, I don't feel like spending so much money on a new MacBook that won't have a DVD drive. I'm also considering getting a refurbished iMac instead of a MacBook.

The funny thing is, I had two good things happen, so the universe decided it had to immediately have two bad things happen to me. It's the pattern of my life. Anyway, I've been doing an art challenge with my friend Jen and I finally finished the book yesterday. We still have to do the final project but the book is done. Yey! We were doing this 3 days a week for about 2 months. I also finished a 30 days of yoga challenge. Yey! Even though the 30 days is done, I'm going to try my best to continue everyday.  I'm kind of proud that recently I've been able to start and finish projects. Let's hope I can finish this 100 days challenge a well @_@.

No comments: