Monday, October 12, 2015

100 Days of Black and White Photos: Day 72


I tried to connect my old monitor to this netbook, but the screen shows up sideways. So that was a fail. I think it is time to let the monitor go too. I've had that for ... I'm not even sure, but I've had it since my first apt. So maybe close to 8 years.


I bought a replacement monitor a couple of months ago, but I use it with my Fire TV (Side note: I heart my Fire TV so much!). I have a feeling I'm going to see this photo on a bigger and better monitor and hate it. Oh well.

Anyway, in other news, I developed my first roll of 120 film! Which was also my first roll of black and white film!

If you never heard of 120 film, it is film that is considered medium format film and produces pictures that are 6 cm high and anywhere from 4.5 - 9 cm wide (that depends on the camera). Medium format is bigger than 35 mm. Medium format is/was mostly used by pros because it produces larger negatives. I messed up two of the photos on the 120 film. I was fighting again with the spool when loading the film to be developed. However, I think I have a better understanding of how to get the film on the spool correctly now. It only took me 8 rolls of film, heh .. heh.

I can't wait to cut and "scan" those photos to see how they came out. I already have another roll waiting to go in my Holga. I'm trying to be content with my Holga. A Holga is a good starter camera, but I'm already coveting Mamiya and Fujifilm medium format cameras <3 p="">

No comments: