Saturday, April 18, 2015

April Photo Book Challenge: day 14

Day 15: Mythical Creature

I own this book at an e-book, so I took a photo of the Goodread page. This book contains a gargoyle. That is a bit of a spoiler (sorry). I don't expect you to like my taste in books so maybe you don't care.


To be honest, I read this book because the setting is New York City and because it had magic. It was a suggestion via Goodreads or Amazon (same thing). I like to read urban fantasy books as oppose to medieval type of fantasy books. I decided to read it because the description showed the book had potential.

The book wasn't bad, but it also wasn't that great. The ending was limp and it read like a scene in a cartoon. What I do like about this book is the way they explain how magic is used and perceived. For example,  rich men were turned into frogs. I should say rich men who were jerks were turned into frogs as a punishment. So it is possible to kiss a frog and he will turn into a handsome man. Hopefully by then, he learned his lesson or you would have just unleashed a jerk into the world again. I also like that the main character is learning about herself, learning about the magic world and gaining confidence in herself.

This book is part of 7 books series, so again, I'm trying to decided if I want to read book two. I still have to finish the Sookie Stackhouse Series and The Hollows series @_@.

No comments: