Thursday, April 9, 2015

April Photo Book Challenge: day 8

The subject for day 8 is "Nostalgia". I don't usually talk about where I work online or in social media. I tend to take the separation of church and state approach when it comes to work and social media. However, the only book I could think of that invoked the feeling of Nostalgia is the book below:



This book was given to me by my boss when I was working at Condé Nast. I worked at Condé for about 3 years. I learned a lot about building and maintaining high performance web systems. I also learned about writing reusable library code that needed to be used across all 18 sites. What comes with that is leaving room for modifications because every brand will want customizations so they could be special.

My boss seemed to have faith in me and trusted me with a lot of responsibilities: sometimes because he knew I could do it, and other times because there was no one else to do it. I had fun working there. I worked on interesting projects, high profile projects, enjoyed fun after work events and learned a lot about different cultures. I do miss working there, but all the reasons and people that made working there enjoyable have since moved on. I'm just glad I had the opportunity to work there and to be an employee working for my former boss.

No comments: