Sunday, August 2, 2015

100 Days Challenge: Black & White Photos

One hundred days is about three months and a two weeks. That is how long I am going to try to upload a black & white photo everyday. I decided to try the 100 days challenge. I'm not good with these challenges. For years I've tried the 365 days, 52 weeks and 30 days challenges. I failed them all, until this year. Earlier this year, I tried a 30 days book challenge. I fell behind a couple of times and had to catch up, but it was the first time I finished one.  So now it is time to level up.

I choose to upload a black and white photo for 100 days because I want to learn more about light. When shooting in black and white, you tend to care more about the composition than colors and filter effects. I want to learn how the red, blue and green channels effects the contrast of the photos. There is so much to learn and I'm going to try to pack it all into 100 days.

My photos will probably start off looking like shit and hopefully they will get better toward the end, but I'm focusing more on learning about light, than posting amazing photos.

No comments: