Thursday, August 13, 2015

100 Days of Black and White Photos: Day 12


Meta! It's a B&W photo of two photography magazines, whose covers are in B&W and one of the magazines is about B&W photography.


I skimmed through the B&W magazine and there were a bunch of pictures where I literally said out loud "This is fine art?" I often think that my photos are crap ... or even enchanted droppings. I saw some pictures that look like photo with no special meaning; just completely random, but it is considered fine art.

For example, there is a photo a a girl that is on the left side of the photo, making a pose as if she is about to dive into a pool. She is pinning her nose shut, has one hand above her head and her knees are bent. Across from her on the right side of the photo is a 50-60 year old priest dancing. What?!  On another page there is a picture of a glass beaker filled with water in a  deep old school sink next to a mortar & pestle. The two faucets are showing.

So the moral of the story is, my crap is good enough. I'm not going to over analyze the photos I upload, because someone somewhere will think it is fine art (or just nice).


No comments: