Sunday, August 9, 2015

100 Days of Black and White Photos: Day 8


I wasn't feeling well today. I slept so much and had to force myself to stay awake once it was the afternoon. I still managed to get a shot done today.


I download an app on my phone called Camera FV-5 Lite that allows me to set the speed of the shutter to a slower speed. This is what is needed for long exposure photos and drawing with light.

I tested out a few other apps, but they either kept crashing or the programing was wrong, so the photos were coming out with the wrong effects. So far this app is good and after testing it out more, and if I like it, I'll get the full version.

The settings for the shot are ISO 400, EV-1, f2.0, and 11" shutter speed. I was also in a room with low lighting. I used the flashlight button on my iPod to shine on the penguin and get the camera to set the focus. I used an app on my iPod to make the lighting effect in the background. The color of the light was purple. I first tried orange and then yellow light, but if I went too slow, the light was too bright. I tested out purple and liked it better. I edited the photo with Snapseed.

No comments: