Tuesday, September 1, 2015

100 Days of Black and White Photos: Day 31


Today was day one at my job's new office. It is so much nicer than I imagined it to be. It is much nicer than the last office, but the surrounding area of the last location was better.


The building had signs up in the lobby welcoming us. Later in the afternoon, they brought us this bouquet of flowers, which was really nice of them.

My desk is still next to a window which is great, but I sit near different people than I did before. I have to learn to tune out their habits. There is a lot of visual movement going on and until the desk dividers they ordered arrive, I think I'm going to be very distracted.

The location of our old office was in a nice quiet neighborhood. We use to take walks around the neighborhood and look at all the nice houses.  Now our office is right in the center of everything. Traffic, noise and people everywhere. Even though I'm from NYC and I should be use to all the visual simulations and noise, I had over a year to recuperate and bring my walls down. Now I have to build them back up.

The company ordered breakfast and lunch for us today, but tomorrow we have to venture out and find our own food. Hopefully we have a few good places near by.

No comments: