Monday, September 21, 2015

100 Days of Black and White Photos: Day 52


General Grant National Memorial, or just Grant's Tomb to those who live in NYC (and know about it). This is the final resting place of the 18th President of the United States, Ulysses S. Grant. His wife is also buried in this tomb. Does that name sound familiar? It should. His face is on the 50 dollar bill.

I don’t know if I like this photo (taken April 2013). The color version looks interesting and looked like it would make a nice black and white photo, but when I converted it, it consisted of mostly mid-tones (light and medium grays). According to a few sources, one should try to achieve a photo which has a ‘U’ shaped histogram. I edited this photo to where the histogram is ‘U’ shaped, but I think this photo is a bit too busy to pull off the high contrast look. What do you think? 

No comments: