Monday, September 21, 2015

100 Days of Black and White Photos: Day 51


I learned a lot about light over the last 51 days. For example, color can really fool you into thinking something is lighter or darker than it really is. The petals of the flower in the photo have blue tips. I thought because the inner part was white and the outer was blue, it would have a lot of contrast. When I converted the photo to B&W, the blue was only slightly darker than the white section, which was disappointing.


I started learning about filters, and how the Masters and Pros use color filters on their cameras to block out certain colors of light in order to make a certain color lighter or darker. Red filters make anything red show up as a light color or even white. A red filter will also make blues show up darker. So since I couldn't take this photo over, I decided to throw on a red filter in the photo editor. It worked to make the blue darker, but not as dark as I would have liked, but I know how to fix this in the future.

No comments: